- How do I reserve a room for a meeting in North Kedzie?
- How do I register for MTHE 999 credits?
- What are the available options for travel support?
- How do I go about securing an assistantship for year two and beyond?
- I would like a summer assistantship. How do I go about securing one?
- Who do I see if I need office space?
- Where do I get program mail?
Please contact Freda Cruél to register for MTHE 999 credits. Tell her how many credits you need, and for which semester.
MSU has several options for support of graduate student travel to conferences in which you present your research. Funds are generally not provided for attending a conference, unless if your project is willing to support that expense. Here are the forms to request travel funding, from the units:
- Math Ed Doctoral Program (up to two conferences per academic year, as funds allow),
- The Graduate School (one funding allotment per degree), or
- COGS (one funding allotment per degree).
See the Forms site under Current Students for more details.
You should contact the appropriate people below by the middle of the spring semester for an assistantship the following fall.
For Teaching Assistantships: Contact Beth Herbel-Eisenmann or Kristen Bieda if you are interested in teaching methods/field instruction for secondary mathematics and Tonya Bartell or Amy Parks for teaching methods/field instruction for elementary mathematics. Contact Lisa Keller if you are interested in teaching MTH 201/202, math content courses for elementary teachers.
For Research Assistantships: Contact the Principal Investigator of the project you are interested in working on to see if there are any availabilities for RAs for the coming year.
See the answer above. Contact the above faculty to see if there is a need for instructors or RAs. For MTH Department courses, you will need to contact the current MTH Graduate Director or Graduate Secretary.
All of the mathematics education doctoral students have a mail box in 207 NKL, as well as access to the copy machine for a limited number of copies each semester for your personal research use. Please check your mailbox weekly, and your MSU email daily.