CMP Summer Workshops June 19-23
The Connected Mathematics Project is offering summer workshops for teachers June 19-23 at the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center at Michigan State University.
Getting to Know CMP Workshops allow a teacher to join either the grade 6, grade 7, or grade 8 group for an in-depth discussion of the mathematics and pedagogy in CMP3.
Meeting the Needs of Special Populations While Using CMP is a new workshop in which participants will experience and discuss how CMP:
- Provides opportunities to help struggling learners
- Attends to reading, vocabulary and differentiation strategies with a focus on powerful mathematics lessons
- Employs a pedagogical model that provides multiple entry points for students
- Embeds the Mathematical Practices
- Enhances differentiation through its special features and resources to support differentiation.
Those who work with special populations are encouraged to attend in teams.
CMP Leadership, Coaching, and Mentoring is another workshop option, and it has an application based registration system. This workshop is designed for those who want to sustain and enhance the implementation of CMP in their school districts. Leaders, Coaches, Mentoring Teachers, and any others who will support teachers using CMP are encouraged to attend. The workshop will focus on deepening teachers’ mathematical content knowledge for teaching beyond initial unit training.
Please visit the CMP website for workshop details and registration information.