Mathematics and Statistics Associations Summit
The Program in Mathematics Education (PRIME) at Michigan State University (MSU) is proud to host the inaugural Mathematics and Statistics Associations Summit to be held on the MSU campus on Saturday, March 23, 2019. The goal of this summit is to bring together leaders of influential professional organizations within the fields of mathematics, statistics, and mathematics education to continue the important conversation surrounding the future of mathematics and statistics education.
The central theme will be “Responding to the Challenges and Opportunities for the future of mathematics and statistics education”. There will be leadership represented from each of the following organizations:
- American Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges
- American Mathematical Society
- Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators
- American Statistical Association
- Benjamin Banneker Association *
- Educators of Native American Students
- Mathematical Association of America
- National Association of Mathematicians
- National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- Women and Mathematics Education*
* Pending Confirmation
Visit Speakers for more details.
Dr. Joan Ferrini-Mundy (President, University of Maine, and past Chief Operating Officer of the National Science Foundation) will present the keynote address outlining the nature and influence of funding agencies on setting the research priorities of the educational research landscape.